The Connecticut Business and Industry Association (CBIA) has been funded by the Connecticut Community Colleges' College of Technology's Regional Center for Next Generation Manufacturing (through funding from the National Science Foundation) to administer an Educator Externship Grant Program to help stimulate connections between the workplace and classroom instruction.
This program is designed to assist educators in keeping current with technology skills specifically applied in manufacturing, and to help them update their curriculum so that students will be better prepared to meet workforce needs. The grant will provide participating educators with a stipend for time spent at the worksite, for creating a curriculum work-based project, a summary report and for delivering a professional development workshop for their peers.
Applications are due March 30, 2012.
To access the application please click here.
For more questions please contact:
Program Manager, CBIA Education Foundation
350 Church Street, Hartford, CT, 06103
Learn about STEM Occupations and Career Pathways
Sample of STEM Occupations:
- Graphic Designers (Annual Salary: $55,240)
- Automotive Engineering Technicians (Annual Salary: $55,503)
- Civil Drafters (Annual Salary: $56,081)
- First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers (Annual Salary: $48,495)
- Counseling Psychologists (Annual Salary: $80,555)
- Psychologists, All Other (Annual Salary: $91,060)
- Actuaries (Annual Salary: $103,257)
- Architectural and Engineering Managers (Annual Salary: $123,801)
- Mathematical Technicians (Salary Unavailable)
- Nuclear Equipment Operation Technicians (Salary Unavailable)