Tomorrow, Wednesday September 28, 2011 at 2:00pm, CT STEM Jobs will be hosting our first webinar! The topic will be "In the Life of an IT Support Specialist" hosted by Nathan Seldin from Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, Inc. If you would like to register for the webinar please RSVP to Kelly Fitzgerald to receive your log in.
Nathan Seldin is an IT Desktop Support Specialist at the Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, Inc. (CCAT). He provides end-user support, including diagnosing hardware and software problems, training staff, and tracking requests. He conducts routine maintenance and provides infrastructure support, including researching and evaluating new software, and documenting systems. Mr. Seldin has a B.S. in Business Administration with a major in marketing from Western New England College. Prior to that, he earned an A.S. in Computer Information Technology with a major in Programming from Springfield Technical Community College.
Mr. Seldin has not always been a Desktop Support Specialist. Before joining CCAT, he was a marketing manager, held positions in sales and customer service, and spent time with a major tire manufacturer changing truck tires. He will discuss the day-to-day tasking of a help desk technician, and explain how he moved from tires to technology.
If you would like to register for the webinar or want more information please contact Kelly Fitzgerald .
Learn about STEM Occupations and Career Pathways
Sample of STEM Occupations:
- Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers (Annual Salary: $35,310)
- Architectural Drafters (Annual Salary: $56,081)
- Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders (Annual Salary: $53,250)
- Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic (Annual Salary: $55,270)
- Cost Estimators (Annual Salary: $71,109)
- Civil Engineers (Annual Salary: $83,058)
- Natural Sciences Managers (Annual Salary: $145,191)
- Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists (Annual Salary: $114,046)
- Telecommunications Engineering Specialists (Salary Unavailable)
- Farm and Home Management Advisors (Salary Unavailable)