A Solar Engineering firm in New Milford, Connecticut is seeking an Electric Engineer to join its team.
• In this position, you will coordinate directly with clients and internal staff to create design documents and construction plans for utility-scale PV systems.
• This position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and graphics skills.
• This person is responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, equipment selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Develop new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices.
• Ensure consistency in design reviews, verification & qualification efforts. Participate in peer reviews.
• Make technology recommendations based on project site location and geographic conditions.
• Perform electrical site surveys using basic surveying tools, electrical safety equipment.
• Prepare site analysis reports regarding the feasibility of proposed projects and potential issues that may arise during construction.
• Utilize AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office tools in the development of project deliverables.
• Ability to write technical specifications, develop device and system level specification for external approvals.
• Provide technical support for interconnection and permitting efforts with municipalities and utilities.
• Support growth of a solar engineering team by providing guidance and technical direction to drafting team including the assignment and coordination of work to drafters.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electric Engineering with a minimum of five years of experience with advance knowledge in electrical engineering
• Understanding of utilities engineering and design
• Professional Engineering licensure required
• Proficient in ACAD.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite and strong verbal & written communication skills.
To reply with a resume and references, email Danielle Primini.